Friday, May 22, 2009

Sunday Stills Yellow!



The challenge this week on my favorite blog was "yellow". You could choose anything yelow to shoot. I have a couple of old shots and a couple of new for you to peruse. These will have a distracting watermark (sorry) because I have found do to the large sizes that I shoot and post. Anyone can download the images (I haven't found a way to keep that from happening as of yet).


















The first two are older shots from the Good Guy Car show that was held here in Columbus a year or two ago. I love the abstract lines and chrome from the grill of this custom car.

The Second shot from the car show is of a tail fin from a '55 (if I remember correctly) custom car. The thin pin stripe really sets of the bright yellow in the shot.


The other shots are from my favorite place to shoot Macro. The Franklin Park Conservatory has a "Blooms & Butterfly" exhibit every year from April until about September. They release the Butterflies twice daily.

I really love the colors and the way the delicate butterflies do their thing. Flittering and fluttering about.



The last shot is of a piece on display from the Chihuly exhibit. They have several wonderful pieces on display that show some real talent. Enjoy the "Yellow", I know I did.


27 comments:

  1. All are great but I love the blown glass in the last one! Beautiful!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, the bowl is a great shot..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love the Chihuly bowl! I've been to his shows several times and always so impressed with the magic he creates with glass. Beautiful captures!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone, including me, loving the bowl! That car looks alien. Great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bowl stand out, but I have to say, I love the car shots too. Now I know, why my favorite horse is your favorite too :D lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrol I am a glass freak and the bowl is beautiful. I like the butterfly on the lantana also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can't go past a vintage car, very nice work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice shots, but I want that bowl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah my husbands awesome!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great car shots, but I would hate to have to polish all that chrome! The glass shot is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots. Love the car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really like the glass work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your pictures are beautiful! I would love to have that bowl!! I got to help supervise Chuhuly's kids at a house party once around 5 years ago....his son is adorable, totally looks like him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the car shots they are awesome! And those yellow flowers with the butterfly are just so spring :)

    Thanks for your commments about my yellow model and my driftwood. That's a great place to take pictures and those trees are huge. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love yellow! The cars are great! But that bowl is awesome..very well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of them are great but I have to say I'll take the car:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice detail in all of the shots. I like the bowl, although the car looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful...love the flower and butterfly. I can see why it's one of your favorite places. And the car is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those photos! The car is just terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Cool photos of cool cars!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the vibrancy of the yellow, nature shots are my favorite, so I definately love the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the bowl and the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So bright! The butterfly, though, is my fav. =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the lines in the bowl shot! They are all wonderful...great job this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. All are LOVELY yellows, but my favorite is the last shot! Have you heard of Mellow Yellow Monday? I play most weeks ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete