Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sunday Stills Power lines and Landscapes!

This weeks assignment was to shoot a cool landscape or sky scape and include those pesky power lines.

As a photographer, you learn to compose carefully so that you can leave out the distracting things that would mar an otherwise gorgeous shot like a stray branch that looks like it is protruding out of your models head or those power lines that are flippin' everywhere.

It was tough for me to even include the power lines but I even managed to throw in a few cars as well as light posts.



This was probably the toughest assignment for me so far. I'm not complaining but man was this one tough...LOL


I have included a couple of other shots as well from the area in which we went to feed the geese. They can be a bunch of nasty buggers. They hiss and try to run you off.


Be Sure to check out my wife's {Andrea Baker} photo blog at Http://www.andreabakerdesigns.com/

7 comments:

  1. Great job! Love the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Tough! ;)
    You did right! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough assignment, but you did a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot of the cars and pole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, you captured the challenge well..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had issues myself. Never thought it would be so difficult to throw a powerline in the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I get powerlines or towers & make it work in the scene....or walk around them & position myself that they are not in view...Ü
    I really liked the different textures in the b&w.

    ReplyDelete