Friday, May 15, 2009

Sunday Stills Challenge "Eyes"

I first thought to myself that this would be a very tough challenge this week but the more I thought about it, the easier it seemed to get. I decided to put up photos of my two girls.

Allisa is my very pretty but shy 12 year old. She has a wonderful smile and big brown eyes as you can see from the picture. She has made me very proud. She has been recently accepted into the Young Scholars program at The Ohio State University. The program instills them with the academic skills needed to succeed in College and focuses heavily on Math and Reading (two subjects that she does well in) She has also been accepted in the National Junior Honor society.
That's my girl!

Elise is my 3 year old daredevil/princess/baby. This one is a true ham. She will pose like a supermodel trained her every time you get the camera out. As you can see from the photo that she is posing there too. They both have very expressive eyes and have me wrapped around their fingers...

She is like a small parrot and will repeat almost anything you say (Isn't that right, Honey?).
One of my favorite things she says is "that is discusstin' " translation= "that's disgusting". She will eat anything that has the words "MAC & CHEESE" in it. Anything else would be wishful thinking...

Thanks for the comments! Stop by later in the week as I will be posting new shots or check out my Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/carrollbaker/ !

24 comments:

  1. Very nice, i'm working on my post for tomorrow. Don't forget to drop a comment at the SS site.
    later..Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls make beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mari, thank you so much for the wonderful comment on our girls. :)

    Carroll thank you so much for being an awesome dad to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oww! They are so pretty! Lovely shots! Elise is an angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Children's eyes! How lucky to have two such wonderful models.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your girls are very cute
    allisa sounds like she's well on the way to a great life :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be very proud of your girls; and you took lovely photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "disgustin" great photos! They are beautiful, and I also think it is beautiful the way they have you wrapped around their fingers..as it should be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughters have very expressive eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughters are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice eyes..

    Mine is up over at the photo blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect subject matter. They're both beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What sweet and lovely girls! The photos of them are very telling of just how you described them. Great portrait photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful girls!
    Growing up too fast, I suppose? Mine are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful girls. Alissa looks so sad with her big brown eyes.
    Great captures.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pics! Your girls are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures! Your girls are beuatiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the moodiness of the first one and the cuteness of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful daughters and wonderful shots. I like the B&W touch. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pictures of my granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete