Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sunday Stills - Things with Wings!


The challenge this week was "Things with Wings!"


This challenge was a blast as I already a big fan of the Raptors.... the birds, not the team.




I love the eyes and different textures of feathers that each bird has.



I had the chance to shot some close up shots after the "Birds of Prey" show at the Columbus Zoo and loved every minute of it.




The choices were too numerous for me to pick but I decided on these two shots.

The looks they have are so impressive and to see them fly, unbeliveable!

Be sure to check out my wife, Andrea Baker's photo blog at http://www.andreabakerdesigns.com/

15 comments:

  1. Very nice, I almost went with my raptor pix..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I like them both. Great choices!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that owl photograph is wicked! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Good choices for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both magnificent creatures, great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job. Love the owl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't go wrong with an owl shot. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look like they are posing for Senior pictures! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The owl is gorgeous
    (and what - you aren't a fan of our local team?!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree, the owl face is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lucky!!!! I got to see a raptor show once at the Louisville Zoo...Raptors have always fascinated me! I love these they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with everyone else...I love the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Wonderful photos! The feathers on that first one..whatever he is ..a Falcon?? ..he is just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the shots, so great to see. Thanks for the visit on my stills.

    ReplyDelete