Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sunday Stills - Silhouettes

Silhouettes are always fun to shoot but a pain if you forget to turn off your fill flash...


This weeks challenge was pretty cool to try to shoot. I decided to go out in the late evening sun to try to get my shots. We drove over to an area park and waited for the sun to get a little lower in the sky.


Andrea (my beautiful wife) was my choice for my subject and was easy to shoot.


I also saw a flag pole that was flying our flag and waited for the sun to be just right. It didn't happen, so I had to lay down in the grass to take the shot (I normally wouldn't as I am allergic to the stuff).


Even with the sun directly behind for the shot, The colors still shined through!
I love our Flag!


14 comments:

  1. I thought about doing a flag one, but the sun didn't want to cooperate with me. Glad you had better luck. A fine job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was worth you getting in the grass !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on this week's Sunday Stills :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww thanks for using me as your subject!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both terrific. Sounds like both you and your wife had a fun time shooting from the grass. The flag photo is very different as flag photos go. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There ought to be "taps" playing as background for the flag photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos on the flag photo - it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both great shots! I really love the way the colors came through on the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hay..thanks for stoppin in at my place for SS!
    Yours are very nice too!
    KacyK

    ReplyDelete