Friday, June 19, 2009

Sunday Stills - tri-color


This weeks sunday stills challenge was tri-color. The more color the better. The shot that I am submitting was shot last week in the Outer Banks in North Carolina. The town i was staying in was called Avon. It is just south of Rodanthe and North of Hatteras.

I hadn't been to the Outer Banks since I was a kid and didn't remember just how cool the area was. There isn't a "fast food" place in 35 miles of Kitty hawk. No McDonald's, no Wendy's and no Burger King. I did find a Subway but chose not to stop... There are no street lights and everyone is so laid back and never in a hurry.
I will be posting other photos from the area I was in, So be sure to stop back and take a look!
Also, stop by and check out my wife's photo blog! http://www.andreabakerdesigns.com/

13 comments:

  1. Love this photo! Sounds like a wonderful place to visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo Carroll! You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice color in the kayaks, very nice..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stellar photo! Great selection for the challenge :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. no mcdonalds, argh :/
    lol
    nice composition

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous that my hubby got to go to the beach with out us. Looks like he had a great time though. Love the shot! I love you! Happy Fathers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo..and sounds like a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Duh, I didn't even think to shoot my five colorful kayaks! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent color! It sounds like my kind of place..calm! :)

    ReplyDelete