Wednesday, April 22, 2009

what a week!


I started my week on a bad note. I went to use my Canon 1:4 70-210 Macro Zoom EF lens and noticed it had a small fleck in between the filter and lens. I unscrewed the filter and cleaned the lens and couldn't see anything wrong with the lens. I took a few shots and notices a halo and flares in the LCD after each photo. I pulled the lens and looked closer... I found a small chip in the edge of the lens that was almost undetectable. It was like a small windshield chip would look like and totally ruined the lens. My favorite and oldest. I still have the lens on my shelf and look at it like an old friend... I can't seem to throw it away....sad isn't it... I have had this lens for about 12 years or so and was my main film lens before I bit the bullet and went digital. The beach scene was taken with this lens.
I did get a great deal on a Canon EF 1:4-5.6 lens and use it but still like and miss my old friend...

Here are some photos on my Flickr from our recent zoo trip using the new lens. It seems to work okay...lol

I have always been a big fan (but have a healthy respect) of Reptiles and have a couple of shots of some of my favorites. http://www.flickr.com/photos/carrollbaker/

Enjoy the photos and let me know what you think.


May your Tri-pod always be level...

3 comments:

  1. Great shots, I can't seem to keep my tripod level, thank god for ball heads...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you babe! I'm sorry about your lens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your shots. Looks like someplace I would enjoy visiting on one of my visits to Columbus. Our truck goes onto auto-pilot when Dean is driving in Columbus - straight to Schmitz in German Village.

    ReplyDelete