Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sunday Stills Barn Challenge

My Sunday stills posting this week was a real treat. We didn't have to drive far to find several good spots to take photos. I had my girls in tow, my wife Andrea with her camera, my 12 yr old and my 3 yr old.

We found a few good spots but I knew that I had seen a really good one on my way back from a show not to long ago. Andrea and I got some similar shots but with different cameras and eyes for composition. We posted the same shot...
I haven't used Photoshop much (I have CS3) and decided to convert a couple to black & white. I posted one of my favorites here.


Not bad for "city folk" ... Okay, not real city folk... I lived on a mountain farm in Southwestern WV for a couple of years.
I enjoyed my time on the farm and learned a ton. We live on the edge of the Columbus City limits or the "burbs" as my friends call it so we aren't real far from the "country".
I am looking forward to the next challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Great shots!! Love how you used the black & white! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. I especially like the B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I really like the flag on the side. That just screams country to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shots, especially the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hay shot! The flag shot is also a wonderful shot. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAY! What a great selection..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the B and W of the hay wagon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hay shot makes my face itchy. Good idea showing it in B&W

    ReplyDelete