Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Conservatory at Night




As I was driving by the Franklin Park Conservatory after work one night, I noticed that the Palm house was lit by bright lights and thought to myself, "I need to get a shot of that". I drove by the following week and had forgotten my camera but noticed the building was a different color.... Now I had to get a shot. This week I remembered my camera and tripod and took the following shots. The colors cycled every 10 minutes and went from purple to red to the green and red in this shot.

The last shot is of some stainless steel art in the garden courtyard that looked really cool in the light and turned out well for my first night shots.


Our local Ritz camera is going out of business and is having a clearance sale. I purchased a new Mono-pod that has a section of legs that convert to make it a tri-pod... I know, what's the point of a mono-pod if it is actually a tri-pod? It takes up a lot less room in crowded areas and has a magnet lock for the mount. I love it!













3 comments:

  1. I didn't even know our Conservatory did that! How cool is that!!!! Great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ritz is going out of business?? Can I get you to look for a lens for me, please??

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots, night photography is one of my faves..:-)

    ReplyDelete