Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sunday stills - Nuts....

This weeks Sunday Stills challenge was "Nuts". This wasn't too tough to figure out for me. As a magician, I am fascinated by the old scam or con called the "3 Shell game". One of the oldest cons around, the shells are made of walnut shells and you have to guess which nut shell is hiding the little pea. I have a large collection of the different walnut shells that have been made just for the purpose of separating some fool and his money.... My favorite set are the ones pictured here. This set is made from black Walnut shells (some of the hardest shells to get perfect when making your set). Andrea bought me a set for Christmas one year that are made to look like turtle shells and are a damn good replica even though they are made from a wood resin.


Be sure to check out Andrea's blog as well. http://www.andreabakerdesigns.com/

12 comments:

  1. Love your walnut shells...beautiful shine!
    ronelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photo, really like the dof in this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the old shell game, I hear it is still quite common. And Nutty!
    Your rope shot was great last week, but I passed on viewing the sssnake:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. I half suspected to see those, what magician is without them..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I'm sure that the person who loses at the shell game says "Awww Nuts!", too! hehe!

    Nice composition!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice take on this week's theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! It's been decades since I've seen this trick, thanks for bringing back some memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever!Magical! Love your shot and the DOF!

    ReplyDelete